Qui Tam Basics

Federal and State False Claims Act


Facts You Should Know About Qui Tam



Tax Whistleblower Laws



Securities and Commodities Whistleblower Laws



Articles


Whistleblower Stories



Resources


Contact Us About a Potential Case



Home


Qui tam Whistleblowers
This site provides news and information about the False Claims Act qui tam whistleblower law, the Tax Whistleblower law and the Securities and Commodities Whistleblower law. On this site you can learn the basics of each law and the process of bringing a case as well as read about the latest developments.

Getnick & Getnick LLP is a Manhattan-based law firm dedicated to business integrity and anti-fraud cases. Our whistleblower cases have resulted in recoveries of over a billion dollars for U.S. taxpayers.
Daily Blog Search


Advanced Blog Search

Monthly Archives
Most recent entries
Syndicate

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

King Pharmaceuticals to Pay $124 Million Fine to Settle Fraud Case

The U.S. Department of Justice announced today that King Pharmaceuticals of Bristol, Tenn., has agreed to pay $124 million plus interest to resolve allegations that it underpaid rebates owed under the Medicaid program and overcharged various federal and state governmental entities for its drug products, according to an account in The Knoxville News-Sentinel.

The government alleges that from 1994 through 2002, the company failed to report accurately the average manufacturer price (AMP) and best price (BP) for its Medicaid-reimbursed drugs. The U.S. investigation and civil settlement resulted from the filing of a suit by a former King employee on behalf of the United States under the qui tam or whistleblower provisions of the False Claims Act.

Edward Bogart, formerly director of Contracts and National Accounts for King, also brought claims under similar false claims statutes of 13 states and the District of Columbia. The United States and Bogart have not reached agreement on a share of the proceeds of the settlement.

Posted by Quitam Help Admin on 11/02 at 02:55 PM
Permalink

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Northrop Grumman, General Dynamics Among 5 Companies to Pay $13.2 Million Settlement

Northrop Grumman Newport News, General Dynamics Electric Boat and three other defendants agreed Friday to a $13.2 million settlement of a whistleblower lawsuit accusing them of failing in their duty to stop obvious quality and fraud problems at a key maker of submarine valves, the lawyer for the whistleblowers said in a story in Friday’s Daily Press.

Under the terms of the deal, the Newport News shipyard will pay $3 million and forego $1.2 million it once planned to charge the government for work investigating complaints into the valves, said Frederick Morgan Jr., representing Tina Marie Gonter and her husband William Gonter, of Ohio. Electric Boat will pay $7.7 million and forgive $630,000 in expected bills to the government for the investigation, Morgan said. Three other defendants will pay $767,000, bringing the settlement to $13.2 million.

Under federal rules for whistleblower cases, the federal government will get 70 percent of the proceeds in the case, or about $9.2 million. The Gonters and Morgan will share the remaining 30 percent, or roughly $4 million. Click this link for the full story on the whistleblower settlement.

Posted by Quitam Help Admin on 11/01 at 09:18 AM
Permalink
Page 3 of 3 pages « First  <  1 2 3
Printer Friendly Printer Friendly Page
Disclaimer
This Site supported by Getnick & Getnick LLP Copyright © 2006

Designed, Developed and Maintained By Interactive Media Associates, Inc.